Monday, March 18, 2013

Candyopolis, "The Show Girl", and a new Ghirardelli flavor!

This past week Blake and I went on a trip to Omaha, Nebraska!  While we were there we decided to check out the local candy!

We saw this in the mall and there was no way we could just walk by!!!
 



Candyopolis was a super cute little candy store! They had a lot of the old fashioned candies that we have back home at Blickenstaff's, plus M&M's separated by color, and chocolate truffles! Just as we were leaving, Blake got me a special treat to remember Omaha by!


This white chocolate truffle is called a "Show Girl", and boy was it everything he said it'd be! The center is filled with a strawberry-raspberry mixture, and it tasted sort of like a strawberry truffle that you'd find in a box of chocolates, (except it was coated in white and regular chocolate, and the filling was much creamier).

Here's the filling:

Needless to say, it made the trip to the mall very tasty and fun! Next time you're in Nebraska, check out their Show Girl!


We also went to Party City while we were there.  Our little nephew had his 3rd birthday so we went shopping for party favors there! They really have a cool thing going on.  The candy that are in these bins are little mini versions of larger packages of candies! I got a little mini pack of mentos for $0.20 and it was just the right amount to keep me happy.

This little mini pack had a cherry, orange, strawberry, pineapple, and lime in it. They were great, just as mentos always are.

The last and final treat we had on our trip was bought on a military base. (no tax!) My brother in law is an officer in the air force and we got to visit his base in Omaha. While we were there, I saw a new flavor of Ghirardelli there and thought it sounded like bliss.

Ghirardelli's dark and sea salt caramel chocolate:

The chocolate and caramel compliment eachother so well, it makes the dark chocolate taste milky.  Regularly I don't like dark chocolate. (I know, I'm sorry to all those who love it!) But, the flavors in this chocolate bar had the perfect amount of salt/creamy caramel/cocoa. I'm going to say: I really enjoyed it. There, I just complimented dark chocolate! I didn't think there would be a day, but that day was saturday. ♥ 
I actually bought it on base in Omaha, but ate it in Iowa.  We walked across a bridge that took us to the state line. We straddled it. We took jumping for joy pictures. We even ate a chocolate square in Omaha, and one in Iowa. Everyone agreed they were tasty.
 
It was a "sweet" trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment