Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sweet Easter Treats + Jellybean Flower Garden

This Easter, Blake and I didn't do very much.  We were both working on Saturday and that's when our families celebrate! So..I decided to hide him a little Easter basket on Sunday morning so that we could still enjoy the sweet treats of Easter-time!

Since I was on a limited budget, I found my basket items from Macey's grocery store (except for the tic tacs):



1/4 pount Palmer's Peanut Butter Cup!
(Because what's better than a regular peanut butter cup? Oh yeah! How about a GIANT one?!)

A container of Mango tic tacs from Hong Kong
(We've had these before, but they are very sweet and tasty.  It was worth getting them back again for the basket)

A bag of Starburst Crazy Beans
 (These were actually better than I expected. You can actually taste the difference between the colors, and there are different flavors inside.  I loved these the best! (besides the Tic Tacs)

A package of Nik-L-Nips
(Super cute little vintage candy.  The outside is made of wax and there's a candy drink inside!)

A Slapstix pop
 (I used to eat these as a kid all the time, it's caramel with veined colors inside. A classic yummy treat for any age)













I also put in those amazing Ferrero Eggs (from a previous post) 
and a few chalk crayons for decorating our porch! :)

...He found the basket within 3 minutes. It was the 2nd place he looked.  But, it made Easter fun!


If we had children, I would have created a JELLYBEAN GARDEN:

What you need:

- A handful of Jellybeans
- A Whirly Pop or Unicorn Pop for each child
- 12 hours

The night before Easter, have the kids plant their jellybean in your garden or yard.  Then, on Easter Morning, replace the jellybean with a giant Whirly Pop, Unicorn Pop, or a
combination of both! :)






 How Adorable is that?! ♥



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I loved this fun post that is featuring the sweet treats of Easter-time. I truly like such things. Very soon I will host the Easter inspired bash for my twin’s upcoming birthday and would like to book the outdoor event venue Atlanta. Have also found some cute ideas for the decorations on pinterest and instagram.

    ReplyDelete