Monday, February 11, 2013

Barley Sugars, Cadbury Fingers, and Galaxy Minstrels

 

 A few weeks ago a man came into Blickenstaff's to buy some international candy.  I asked him if he had lived in a foreign country (I love asking people that when they buy foreign candy becuase they almost always have, and have cool stories about it).  He told me he'd been around the world and back.  It turns out, he's a seasoned travel agent.  Which was cool, because Blake and I are planning a trip to South Africa this October.  We set up a time to meet with him and sent him our info for a quote.  After the meeting he gave us some super "sweet" british candies that I had NEVER seen before!!!! :) :) :) 

The first:  Cadbury Fingers

Cadbury fingers!!! :)  These are a pretty simple chocolate snack.  It's just a little wafer covered in Cadbury dark chocolate.  I'm not the hugest fan of dark chocolate, but...it was cadbury.  So it was definately good.  However, nothing super special when compared to other british treats.

BUT
The Second: Barley Sugars (blew me away)

These little barley sugars are so tasty! They don't have as much flavor as you'd think, but their flavor is very subtle and addicting! I've almost had the whole bag on my own!  (But they don't contain any alcohol or any harmful substance besides sugar, no worries!!) I was pleasantly suprised.  It has a honey-like flavor, and I absolutely love it!!!

The other British candy that I am going to talk about is not from the travel agent, but something I tried in Blickenstaff's today! Introducing......

The Third:  Galaxy Minstrels

Galaxy Minstrels:  A hard-coat of chocolate on the outside, smooth galaxy milk chocolate on the inside.  The more I eat these, the more I like them.  However, they are more expensive compared to other international candies (Not by much) so pick and choose, but I like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment