Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day 2013 and something new!

Hello Candy fans! :)

Tomorrow is a wonderful day in the world of sweets.  It's Valentines Day!  The day of love-during which numerous people are hit with cupids arrow and decide to date/marry/be in love forever.  Do you know what this means???  Lots and Lots of CHOCOLATE!  And candy hearts for the kiddies.  According to Holidash.com (I'm no scholar, so I can find my sources wherever I want), Americans buy an average of 58 million pounds of chocolate each year in the days leading up to Valentines!  Guess how much that costs?.......Americans spend an average of 345 million dollars (collectively) on thoughtful heart shaped delicacies for their special someones!  Holy Moly!!!

So...obviously there are a lot of candy options to choose from...What, oh, what to get this year?

This was an easy question for me to answer this year because Ferrero came out with a brand new product.  Say hello to my sweet love's Valentine candy this year:


Plus a little bucket of Ferrero Rocher, just for fun ♥



 You may be thinking:  WHAT?!?!?!?!  Those Ferrero eggs are no doubt a candy meant for Easter!! Why in the world?!?!  would it ever make a good candy present for Valentines??

And the reason is this:  it doesn't matter that they are egg-shaped. (I know I'm breaking all the rules, but can you really wait 6 weeks to try these out?)  I know they'll be heavenly because they are made up of a crispy wafer shell, filled with hazelnut and chocolate filling (the same thing Happy Hippos are made up of!!).  Usually, I'd like to have some new flavors of tic tacs all wrapped up in bows and hearts for Blake, but apparently Ferrero put these out instead. I can't wait to try these out tomorrow!

 Check out what I gave Blake in 2011 (I forgot to take pics of 2012):

 These are tic tac trees.  The picture is before I put a few bows on them and put a bunch of tic tacs in the display holders!  These might be old enough to entitle as "Vintage", they are from the 80's. (not quite there yet, but still about 30 years old).  I bought them from Germany and it took them 8 months to ship.  Thank goodness they arrived 2 days before Valentines.  I "restored" them with rubbing alcohol and q-tips (They were quite rusty) and filled 'em up with tic tacs and that was that!

 Whether it's candy hearts or fancy chocolates, or even a edible bouquet of fruits-for the health concious-I'm sure you'll find a perfect gift for your special someone this Valentines Day! :) 

If you have a tic tac fan, you can send them a customized tic tac E-card through an app on facebook.  Here's a link:

 www.facebook.com/pages/Tic-Tac/28960537848?ref=ts&fref=ts

Happy Valentines Day!! ♥♥♥









1 comment:

  1. "I'm no scholar, so I can find my sources wherever I want." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh, my gosh! You kill me! I love it. :D I want to quote you on that.
    Those chocolates sound AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete