Friday, February 15, 2013

Ferrero Eggs, Toblerone, and salted caramel truffles

Last week Blake and I went in for a health evaluation at his work.  We got just about everything tested--including our cholesterol.  We passed all the tests with flying colors, except for our HDL (Good) Cholesterol levels.  In order to increase the level of our good cholesterol, we need more healthy fats such as: nuts, avacados, and olive oil.  The good news:  HAZELNUT!  We have been focusing our energy on this delicious nut this week.  It can be found in Nutella, Ferrero Rocher's, and even the tasty Ferrero Eggs that we tried out for the first time on Valentines!!! :)  It just happens that Ferrero's delicious treats are "filled" with hazelnut creams (which means lots of good cholesterol, right?)  We are determined to have a high level of HDL Cholesterol next year, but not sure how our blood sugar test will turn out.....:)

I came into work today to find some delicous truffles waiting for me to eat them!  My co-worker got a ton from her fiancee and doesn't want to eat them all.  Nothing is better than FREE salted carmel truffles!!!!  If you haven't tried salted caramel, you are MISSING OUT!  It is so fantastic!  It takes all the wonderful things about caramel and highlights them with a savory touch that will not let you stay away--until they're all gone!  If you ever want to check them out, they are made by VChocolates and they are divine!!!


Plus they come in a pretty cute Valentines box! :)


Another fun thing at work:  Our toblerone expired.  I got to eat a 2-day expired toblerone.  As always, it's a great choice for a chocolate craving and a pretty safe gift.  I have yet to try their new Salted Almond flavor, but it's on sale this week at Macey's grocery store for .75 each (if you buy 2 and if you can find the coupon).


Finally:  The review of the Ferrero Eggs from Valentines day!

Hazelnut
Okay...this was simply amazing!  If you can see for yourself in the picture it is a chocolate coated wafer with hazelnut cream inside. Ferrero has done it again! I would definately recommend this for any occasion.  Especially Easter, now that Valentines is past.  How much would kids love finding these instead of real eggs died colors?  Annnddd....they have nuts in them, so they're sooo healthy, right?!?! 



Cocoa
However, I was not as big of a fan for their cocoa egg.  I don't like dark chocolate (Sorry to all those chocolate fans who hate me now) and it didn't say anywhere on the package that the actual egg was made up of dark chocolate.  The middle of the egg is quite tasty, but doesn't quite do the trick like the hazelnut.  If you're going to go Ferrero for your eggs, I would try the hazelnut. So good.
 
 

Anyway, I have been giving these treats some pretty great reviews because I have only picked things to try that I know I'd like (Or things I thought I wouldn't like and did--like the Barley Sugars).  I just wanted an excuse to eat yummy treats.  However, I'll branch out and try something totally different as soon as I find something challenging enough for me. Maybe like a succor with a bug in it? I don't know...hope you all had a great Valentines Day yesterday!  If you didn't....there is a TON of discounted candy all throughout the stores that could cheer you up!

2 comments: