Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guava, Zotz, and my search for a Scrumdidlyumptious

Today I'm in the mood for something fruity.  So, I tried out a variety of fruit candies today at work including:  guava, watermelon, cherry, apple, orange, lemon, grape, and blue raspberry.  Okay....... I'll have to tell you that all these flavors were all in only 2 types of candies.  First, let me talk about the most exotic one. 

Choward's Guava:

If you ever run across one of these in a store, pick it up and smell it.  It tastes just like it smells.  In fact, this is probably my favorite guava-flavored anything, because I don't typically like Guava.  It smells sweet and tropical.  And it is.  (As you may notice, it even advertises itself as tropical candy on the wrapper.)  It's in the form of a hard candy/mint, however, don't expect it to freshen your breath.  It's all for taste, and doesn't create lasting freshness.

ZOTZ flavored candies:

Remember Warheads?  This is like a sweet-fizzy version of those.  Instead of being sour and then becoming sweet after sucking on them, these Zotz are sweet, and then fizzy once you get to the middle.  To those who try them for the first time, it can be kind of weird.  It doesn't really create an explosion in your mouth like poprocks, but it definately fizzes a whole bunch and feels different than just the sweet hard candy it starts out as. 

They come in 7 flavors.  Once again, I'll list them:




Watermelon
Cherry
Apple
Orange
Grape
Lemon
Blue Raspberry



Watermelon really is my favorite....






For those candy-lovers who can only eat sugar-free, there is an assortment fruit chews that I just can't have enough of, at work:

Hillside Sugar Free Fruit Chews!

These look so regular, they could easily be dismissed without a second glance.  But they're sweet and addicting.  If you're in the fruit mood, eat a banana, or apple, or something healthy! But...if you're like me, you'll just need fruit candy instead of the real thing. :)

Just don't be eating 5 fruits a day ;)



 I almost forgot...I'm on the hunt for a Scrumdidlyumptious bar!  Anyone know where to get one?  As soon as I find out, it'll be all over my blog! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment